The deadline to submit original art and literary work for publication in “The Mirage,” a magazine produced annually by Cochise College students, has been extended to Friday, Dec. 14.
As part of a class project, students taking Journalism 257 or English 257 evaluate submissions and design and publish the magazine during the spring semester.
Submissions must meet the following guidelines:
• Be the original work of the person submitting
• Include a cover sheet with a name, address, phone number, email address, and title(s) of work(s)
• Include a biography of the writer or artist in 100 or fewer words
• Submissions in poetry and prose must be typed. Prose should be double-spaced. There is a 2,000-word limit for prose entries and a limit of five submissions per person in art or writing.
• Unless sent by email, art and photographs must be submitted as slides.
More specific submission guidelines, past issues and contact information are available online at www.cochise.edu. Submissions and questions may be directed to email@example.com. Anyone interested in serving on the magazine staff should contact Jay Treiber at the Douglas Campus at (520) 417-4765 or Jeff Sturges at the Sierra Vista Campus at (520) 515-5435.