A odor of gas led to the evacuation of Loretto Catholic School on 14th Street on Thursday, May 16.

Around 8:45 a.m. the Douglas Fire Department was summoned to the school after a strange odor in the air had been detected.

Prior to the DFD’s arrival the estimated 125 students had been moved to the playground area and from there, they were eventually moved to the 15th Street Park where they were provided water.

Southwest Gas arrived on scene and they, along with the DFD, did a complete search of the school, including its basement and found no signs of a gas leak.

Residences across the street from the school were also cleared.

The DFD cleared the campus around 10 a.m. allowing the students to return to class.

4
2
3
2
7

Recommended for you

Load comments